Sunday, January 24, 2010

Windows Live Writer – A great blogging tool

Finally found it. I was searching for a blogging tool so that I can install on my machine. Also, I wanted to save them blogs as drafts before I wanted to publish. Writing the blogs online on the blogger.com was an option but it is not elegant as I wanted my tool to be.

After Googling sometime,  I discovered the Windows Live Writer. What a relief, this is so good. 

This tool offers a familiar writing surface, built-in spelling checker, nice formatting tools.image

image

We can use this tool to blog against many of the well known blogging sites like blogger, WordPress, TypePad, Windows Live Space or your office Sharepoint blogs.

image

As you are creating the blogs, you can save them as drafts online or on your machine.

image

The most useful feature of all that I found most interesting are the tabs are the bottom. Edit, Preview and Source. We can preview how our blog is going to look like before publishing that gives a opportunity to make changes.

image

The HTML generated for the blogs is very clean.

Try it out.

Namaskara,

Harsha

No comments:

Post a Comment